Puddle in the Pasture

A view of the Pacific Northwest from the back yard.




Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mink!

Recently I lost all of four my Dutch hook bill ducks.  (the smaller breed)

  002_edited-1

The Dutch hook bill are in front~And that’s a cat on my shoulder

The first night three were taken, then it came back for the last one the next night, carrying them up the wall of their shed and out through the gap between the wall and the roof….I have patched the gap!  I had been thinking it was a small raccoon that did the deed, but this morning I saw it! a little mink running along the edge of the pond, forgetting we had the little critter I never suspected it.  Its all so clear now! 

7 comments:

tipper said...

Love the picture : ) Sorry about the mink-but at least you figured it out and stopped up the gap.

imac said...

Sorry to hear EBet, but sounds as if you fixed it well.
Just shout the word COAT if he shows again.lol.

A. Joy said...

I'm so glad I was not created as a duck. Not that I would have known - but you know. Rough life being so low on the food chain, although, better to be a duck than a slug!

Connie said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear you lost your ducks to the mink. It seems like there are so many predators you have to protect your ducks from there. I'm glad you have fixed the hole to protect the ducks that remain.

Lanny said...

I like Imac suggestion. I just hope the neighbors don't call the looney bin because you're out there shouting "coat" to no one they can see!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Sorry about your ducks.......I am always amazed at how many different predators there are in different areas. Our worst here is the coyote. Blessings,Kathleen

Far Side of Fifty said...

So are you going to become a trapper or are you going to serve him up all your ducks. Minks are mean..the only thing they are good for is coats:)